Hiking is among the most out-of-list thing to do as I am not an adrenaline-junkie. The energy, the sweat, the tiredness after you going up and down, with those pancitness, are unbearable. The plan of hiking Tabur is a sudden idea of a long lost buddy who wants to meet up. As I am being lazy at home, I have already build a large interest on my bed and my Shaun the Sheep. I just want to do the"Olympic / FIFA" (a four year hiatus) type of meeting at a mamak nearby before the idea of Tabur popped up. I laughed like hell at that moment, thinking it was a crazy idea. I am not fit, my weight has increased significantly these few months and the most questionable thing is about my past experience on hiking Broga. Dia punya pancit pakai redah was totally ha-ha. tapi tapi, I managed to reach the peak.
So, after all the krikkrik moments, I finally agreed. The whole night before the plan was a headache since I was being too overthinking, reading all the blog posts on Tabur, searching on the hashtags on Aigee and Twitah, blala. I was too nervous and then end up falling asleep at 3. Like duh, macam tunggu result espiyem je kan. Lol.
The next day, I woke up late (as expected). Janji pukul 7:30, pukul 7 baru kelam kabut nak pack pebenda dalam beg. As I was not familiar to bawak-bekal-hiking-style, I did the other way; picnic style. LOL (I actually regret it a lot! My bag was too heavy, but chill. I am a strong girl btw). I brought 3 mineral bottles (total: 1.1L), 2 pack of sweets, 4 kitkats, 2 snickers and? Sausage Egg Toast, made fresh by me (but we didnt eat any as I dont feel like offering to my buddy nor eating any due to some circumstances).
I was picked up by my buddy and then straight to Klang Gate's residential area, near the Puncak Niaga entrance. They said the starting point of Tabur East is located there, so okay. Sampai dah. I was really looked like a potato wrapped with a 12 pages of Utusan newspaper then wrapped in aluminium foil. LOL. My buddy just pakai sandal and shirt and a really thin bag. Imagine at that moment, I was wearing my baggy tracksuit, my double layer oversize jersey, and my overweight bag. Nak tukar semua memang tak sempat. Tetiba without warm up, my buddy led the way up. I was then pancit after 5 mins (or 3 mins?). Totally memalukan. Ha ha ha.
We stopped for awhile for many times since I was the problem. The hiking track (no, there was no proper track, only hiking trails) was very challenging for a first timer like me. At the starting point, you will be welcomed with a flight of stairs (about 8-12stairs) before whoop; an uphill (about 20-30 degrees) filled with tree roots here and there. Then going up lagi, before jumpa roots lagi, then up lagi, before jumpa rocky trails. The rocky trails were very steep. I was so scared and pancit all the time and my buddy who was way too expert than me, led about 2-3 metres, and you can imagine that I was being left at all time. Along the way uphill, there were about 2-3 wide areas (means a flat area, you can rest for a while, kecik je area dia, boleh la duduk dalam 5 orang buat bulatan, gitu).
When I am being so pancit, I started to give up (like I did in Broga). I insisted to just stay at one area and suruh my buddy naik sorang while me, mereput tunggu kat situ. So, this was the perk of having a true buddy when dia made too many tricks to stick me into the plan. Some of the trick were "Peak ni last dah" "Atas tu je" "ni peak second last" "sikit je lagi" "rest dulu" yada yada. well, I was too pissed off sampai a few times I uttered the word bullshit, taik, etc . tapi no worries, sampai jugak ke puncak. phew. btw, the peak is not the "actual/ the highest peak". It was among the peaks in Tabur East, meaning if we continue hiking, we will meet another higher peak which is more extreme than this. I just surrendered and my buddy pun tak galakkan untuk continue as it was already late and dia tahu I am not that larat anymore. fuh. thanks for being understanding.
Then we just enjoyed the view. Memang berbaloi dengan kepancitan. kalau nak view lagi lawa, panjat lagi tinggi or go hiking during sunrise. At that moment, I just love being there. Just sit, relax, enjoy the silence, enjoy the view, enjoy curik curik pandang my buddy and jap. I forget to tell you that we were greeted by two cats! Really? YES! ada dua ekor kucing kat puncak tu. like what? Haha. They are so cute. No wonder la ada nice hikers yang tinggalkan makanan kucing kat atas. boleh pulak dorang hidup kat situ and dorang sangat manja,
After being there for 20-30 minutes (we dont talk much, just silence in the air), we decided to go downhill. Ya rabbi. Gayat dia Tuhan je yang tahu. I was really scared and terrified and kept imagining things of what ifs and what not (you know pasal insiden jatuh gaung, etc). but I tried to keep calm, just going at my own phase, being slow and steady. Lutut memang goyang der. sama macam broga. dia punya pening, kaki nak cramp, tambah lagi berkicap. fuh. dugaan. Ahamdulillah, sampai jugak kat bawah. Pastu terus balik. Sampai rumah, terus basuh baju semua, mandi then sambung buat kerja rumah.
Macam tak terasa je dah naik Tabur (cet, baru Tabur!). Macam; betul ke aku dah naik? betul ke aku berjaya turun? Sorry, saya noob. please bear with me. :P
Along the way, we met a few groups of hikers (since we went there on weekdays, the crowd was not too large). We smiled, greet and some give positive spirits to go uphill. I found that as amusing and it really made my day. Thanks guys. :)
Above all, I would like to thank my buddy. I guess the long hiatus really makes us to be awkward, as awkward as it could be. Hmm. But it's okay.
Anyway, these are the only pictures I have, gayat punya pasal, takut nak bergambo. My tips: Just pakai light material, jangan bawak beg besor, kalau ada glove pakai aa, kalau malu, tak payah pakai, air make sure bawak, tu je kot. Till then. Adios!
![]() |
| The cats! |
![]() |
| Typical view of a first timer. :) |
p/s: Ache all over the body, especially on thighs and biceps. Terpaksa solat kura-kura. T.T


No comments:
Post a Comment